Come on over to the East Side for the best bike shopping experience in town!
Salt Creek Cycles is a friendly small local bike shop that has an emphasis on Mountain biking and a love for cycling in all forms. We started 2012 with the idea of creating a welcoming space for cyclists of any skill level. We love getting people on bikes and keeping riders on the road or trail. We sell new and occasionally used bikes. We service all makes and models. Our knowledgeable staff can help with any needs service or sales.
We sell all types of bikes from full carbon fiber race bikes to adult trikes. We also have the accessories you need to make your bike exactly how you want it. If we don’t have an item in stock we can special order almost anything out there.
We are a full service shop and do everything from a simple derailleur adjustment to building custom wheels.
Our Standard Tune Up includes: Adjust derailleurs and brakes, truing wheels, cleaning the bike and adjusting the bottom bracket, headset and hubs.
Our Full Tune Up includes: Everything on our Standard Tune plus overhauling the bottom bracket, headset, front and rear hubs as well as new cables and housing (cables and housing included in price additional parts are not).
We offer a range of bicycles in all price brackets. Tune ups start at $45. See our service price list below or download a PDF.
- Install Stem ($10)
- Assemble Little 500 bike from box ($30)
- Install derailleur cable($15)
- Install Single speed cog/freewheel ($10)
- Install left crank arm ($4)
- Crank/pedal insert repair ($35)
- Adjust BB ($10)
- Install housing ($15)
- Install road bar ($25)
- Install saddle ($6)
- Install rotor ($8)
- Adjust front hub ($10)
- Install freewheel ($10)
- Install toeclip ($5)
- Install pedals ($6)
- Install derailleur ($15)
- Install fender ($15)
- Overhaul front hub ($15)
- Little 500 standard tune ($30)
- Little 500 full tune ($75)
- Adjust headset ($6)
- Overhaul rear hub ($25)
- Frame saver bare frame ($30)
- Frame saver complete bike ($140)
- Recumbent Standard tune ($65)
- Adjust rear hub ($15)
- Install right crank arm ($15)
- Shorten hydrop brake line ($20)
- Cleaning fee ($5)
- Install one piece crank ($15)
- True rear wheel ($20)
- Tandem standard tune ($75)
- Install mtb bar ($20)
- Install tire ($8)
- Install brake ($15)
- Bleed hydro disc brake ($10)
- Adjust brake ($15)
- Install brake cable ($25)
- Install crank set ($25)
- Overhaul headset ($20)
- Install headset ($25)
- Overhaul BB ($20)
- Install BB ($25)
- Install new road shifter set ($30)
- Full tune ($110)
- Install tube ($8)
- Misc labor hrly ($60/hour)
- Standard tune ($45)
- Build custom wheel ($40)
- Adjust derailleur ($10)
- Install new flat bar shift set ($20)
- True front wheel ($15)
- Install chain ($6)
- Install fork ($30)
- Install drive side spoke ($8)
- Install spoke ($5)
- Add tubeless sealant ($10)
- Install chainring ($10)
- Overhaul rear hub ($20)
- Install derailleur hanger ($15)
- Install bash guard ($10)
- Install cassette ($8)
- Install basket ($10)
- Install rack ($12)
- Wrap bars ($12)
- Install computer ($12)
- Assemble bike from box ($50)
- Install/convert tubeless tire ($25)
- Adjust derailleur hanger ($12)
- Box bike to ship $60)
- Cut lock ($6)
Whether you’re in town visiting or live here we have a diverse rental fleet ready to ride. We also rent helmets and trunk racks. See our rental price list below or download a PDF.
- Fat bike rental - 1 week ($225)
- Fat bike rental - 24 hours ($65)
- Fat bike rental - hourly ($15)
- Fat bike rental - same day ($50)
- Helmet rental ($3)
- Rack rental ($10)
- Travel hard case rental ($40)
- 24 hour rental ($55)
- One week rental ($199)
- Hourly rental ($10)
- Same day rental ($40)
- Full suspension rental - 1 week ($210)
- Full suspension rental - 24 hours ($65)
- Full suspension rental - hourly ($20)
- Full suspension rental - same day ($50)
Winter Pricing! No better time to buy a bike!
Our Winter Sale is ongoing: All pre 2015 bikes are at least 25% off, all 2015 bikes are 10% off.
All our service is 15% off. Our Full Service Tune-Ups, normally $110, are now $90, Our Standard Tune-Ups, normally $45, are now $35.
Southern Indiana has varied terrain suitable for many types of riding. Whether touring back roads, visiting historical landmarks or off road bikepacking you’ll find an adventure. If interested in a bicycle trip tailored to your riding style and skill level please contact the shop for a customized quote.